This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Dual - BT not transmitting HR

I have a HRM Dual chest strap. It pairs and transmits fine to my Edge and more Forerunner via ANT+. My understanding is that it should transmit via BT concurrently, but when I open TrainerRoad or my Wahoo app (for controlling my KICKR), either app can find the sensor, but neither gets any HR data. Is there a way to test if the BT channel is just not working? Or is there something else that has to be done to actually transmit data via BT?

• Also tempted to just buy a new HR strap just to not have to deal with this frustration…but can’t do this every 6 months. Maybe you're right....time to switch away from Garmin? 

• It doesn't seem that anyone at Garmin acknowledges there is an issue, so I have no hope of this being resolved any time soon.  

• My solution was to buy a Polar H10 cheststrap, cause Garmin did nothing since months..

• I also started to use a non Garmin HR strap….works perfectly fine with my iPhone, zwift, wahoo etc. No help from Garmin, they basically suggested to contact zwift, wahoo etc. The fact that another brand strap works pretty much confirms to me it  is a Garmin issue. Definitely will be looking at other options when it comes to replacing my Garmin equipment.  

• Wrote to Garmin and they responded with this poor political statement

The HRM-Dual is not designed to transmit heart rate directly to the Garmin Connect app on your Iphone even if you can connect the device via Bluetooth with your phone. This is only possible with the HRM-Pro.

To display the heart rate via the HRM-Dual you need to connect it to your Garmin device and start an activity.

If the described problem exists with another app, please contact the support of this app and ask once how you can display the heart rate there.

Thank you very much and have a nice day. 

Indeed, have a nice day GARMIN.......aghh!

• The comment re ‘other apps’ is just bizarre. Until maybe 6 weeks ago I had no issues in connecting my Garmin HRM dual to the zwift companian app or the Wahoo app. Worked perfectly okay. Suddenly something changed on the Garmin side.  No more Garmin for me, ready to get rid of my watch as well as I’m frustrated with the lack of ownership of this issue on Garmin side. 

• Hi Marc

Yeah I think it cuz of accepting the prompt that now HR is not displayed even when it’s connected to the iPhone. I’ve been using the same hrm dual for Months and no issue, kept ignoring the prompt but one day I accidentally just clicked accept and since then having this problem.

• Yes, that’s exactly what happened to me. I’m convinced that triggered it. Have tried to delete the hrm from Bluetooth phone settings, deleted/reinstalled apps, played around with apple health settings….unfortunately I can’t work out how to ‘undo’ the accepting of the prompt. Have read somewhere that a complete wipe and reinstall (not download from backup) of your iPhone will fix the issue….but that’s too drastic for me. Wouldn’t want to set up every app again from scratch. 

• Yeah that is way to drastic. I did not replace my phone for months just cuz didn’t wanna setup from scratch. Lol

It’s not even a permanent fix as one can accidentally hit accept when the prompt pops up. Garmin should really fix these kind of issues.

if you do come up with a decent workaround please do post.

p.s I do have another dual, will check if it works.

• I have the same issue. Using a BLE-Scanner on my mobile phone, I just discovered that some status information (e.g. the current battery level) is transmitted correctly, but no heartrate data (which is somehow not optimal fpr a HR-sensor).