This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Dual - BT not transmitting HR

I have a HRM Dual chest strap. It pairs and transmits fine to my Edge and more Forerunner via ANT+. My understanding is that it should transmit via BT concurrently, but when I open TrainerRoad or my Wahoo app (for controlling my KICKR), either app can find the sensor, but neither gets any HR data. Is there a way to test if the BT channel is just not working? Or is there something else that has to be done to actually transmit data via BT?

• I have the same problem since an iOS update feb/march this year on my iPhone 11pro. 

Curious is, that my iPad Pro with actual software connects and shows the heartrate. 

P.s.: in the Zwift forum, there are many other with this problem. 

https://forums.zwift.com/t/garmin-hrm-no-signal-solved/209400/98

The solved solution should be to completely reset your smartphone, in my eyes this is no solution, Cause days/weeks/months later, the problem occurring again.

It look like this is an problem with iOS Bluetooth Kernel in newer models,  so please Garmin fix this in corporation with apple. 

Thx, Dirk

• Same problem here. The device connects but it never manage to communicates the HR correctly. In my case it shoes not work well with the iPad. 

• Same problem here, just happened from one day on the other.  HRM dual connected to wahoo app, but heart rate shows NA. would hope to get this fixed. 

• And the strange thing is I don’t have the issue with my iPad. Only have the issue on my iPhone 12. This reminds me that there was a prompt recently asking that my dual HRM wanted to connect to my iPhone. Which I accepted. Wonder if that caused the issue. 

• Experiencing the same problem with Dual HR strap. Reads fine via Ant+ onto Garmin 1030+. TR App sees the sensor (also says 85% battery) but just no HR reading. 

• Same issue here. It's been like this for over a month. With the additional caveat that the heartrate only works over ANT+. Couldn't get it working over bluetooth on any other device (multiple smartphones, laptops, PCs). I changed the battery, too, but that didn't help.

• Has anyone managed to fix this yet. Until trainer road updated the app last week I was getting Bluetooth heart rate fine from my 2 month old Garmin dual strap - now it connects but no heart rate data available. Really odd. I’ve tried changing the battery and really wetting the strap more than usual but nothing. I only bought the strap for Bluetooth to my iPhone for trainer road on the smart trainer!

• It is very frustrating. I contacted Garmin support but have not received anything particularly helpful. In the end it turned towards then suggesting ‘contact Apple / Wahoo’ (as I use the Wahoo app). I do think the issue started for me when I accepted a prompt from my HRM (on the iPhone) to connect with my phone. Before then I always connected the HTM in the Wahoo app..... and I never had this issue.  

• I ended up buying (out of frustration) a Wahoo Tickr (Dual Channel) HR Strap and this works great with TR App via Bluetooth on the iPhone. Therefore the problem is exclusively with the Garmin DUAL not the TR App. 

• I’d read loads of stuff about the Wahoo hrm strap going wrong for multiple people which is why I went Garmin!