This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Pro - Irregular HR tracking and low estimate of calories burned

I recently purchased the HRM Pro. I have done three workouts and every workout the calories burned are extremely low, despite an intense workout. The HR tracking is way off, one second it's 175bpm and five seconds later its 70bpm. Which I think is the problem. Anyone else who experience this?

I wear the strap exactly as instructed, make sure the strap is paired with my Fenix 6, start an activity and put the watch in my bag. When I wear only the watch it has showed around 400-500 calories burned during less intense workouts.

• Try to wet the electrodes and wash the strap after each run - at least this helped in my case as i also experienced way to high (245 bpm) HR for a short while mostly when starting a run before it went down to normal values.

concerning the calories calculation - something seems to have changed sometime mid-september. Runs before (same distance, same average HR, same pace) were around 500kcal, after presumably some sw update(?) this was reduced to around 350kcal - imo much too low for a 8 kilomters run.

• I noticed the high heart rate too! Even used the electrode paste which helped a little but still has the problem.  I have never had this issue with my Polar H10 so it looks like I will be using it as my main sensor and the Pro will be a backup.  Disappointing for the price!  

• I've tried everything but still have very strange heart rate measurements as you can see below. Talked to garmin support yesterday and they will send me a new strap. Might be worth to contact them if your problem continues

• I have a similar problem but the HR measurement throughout the workouts is great. I will do 90mins of rowing at average HR of 145bpm. All of the previous HRM straps would record this as about 1300kCal but the Pro spits out less than a half of that. Any help would be great!?!

• good morning, i am having the same issue with my fenix 6x, it was working fine until friday last week, I ran on Saturday 22KM (13 miles) and it show only 150 calories burned, I already reset my watch, reset everything, today i used my External Heart Rate Monitor , and the same, it not calculating anything...I am trying to find out what its happening but i cannot find the answer, also, the watch has 2 light (red and green) and only the green is working the red dont...