This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Which Garmin running watch (at lower end of price range) has the largest font?

Hi, I'm looking to buy a new or used Garmin watch, mainly for long distance running and walking (over 6 hours per activity) and my ageing eyesight is no longer able to read small fonts. Any suggestions as to which model has the largest font size? I don't need to see multiple metrics/readings on a single screen as I don't mind scrolling up/down to change to the metric I need.

Which model should I go for? Please note I can't afford the models at the higher end of the price range!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• I should also add that the font size on the Forerunner 220 is too small for my eyesight.

• I have the same question. I have never been able to upgrade from my Forerunner 35 because I can't find another Garmin I can read without glasses. My vision is good, but I'm at the reading glasses stage of life.

I'm an Android user. Galaxy 5 has a Zoom option, but I really prefer Garmin, if I could just find one I can read. It's very frustrating that so many Garmin watches seem to not provide basic accessibility for buyers over 50.

Please advise! Thanks!

• I have a Foreunner 245M. I used to have multiple metrics (fields) on 1 screen in activity profiles, but had to stop this when I needed reading glasses. Now I have activity profiles with only 1 metric per page and set automatic scrolling to fast so I don't need to scroll manually during an activity. I don't have problems glancing at my watch during an activity as fonts are large enough to read. The 245 is an older molder so quite affordable atm. Maybe there are cheaper watches with adjustable activity profiles. For day-to-day use you could try a different watchface with large font, although a watchface won't change the font size for widgets..