This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My Instinct Solar reboots when stopping a pool swim and all data is lost

When I swim in "pool swim" model, 50% of the time at least, the watch reboots and I lose all the data. I'm trying to figure out if I had a "bad copy" and I can replace it, or if this is wider issue which won't get fixed if I replace it with another. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

• Waiting 2 years without any feedback cannot be fun!

Anyway, here in September 2022 I had a similar issue, without the data loss.

Today for the second time during the past two months my Instinct 2 Solar stopped recording during a pool lap swim (this never happens with bicycling or running activities). After 300 metres/12 laps I looked at the device and was surprised to see the watch face - not the swim data that I expected. I started a new swim activity and that recorded fine, and the first 12 laps with respective data were also saved - so only 2 laps were "lost". As the start/stop button does not protrude it is unlikely that it was accidentally pressed. And unlike the problem alindley had (in another post), there was no crash - just a weird "auto stop & save". Another odd detail was that although it had recorded 12 laps, it totalled the distance at 150 metres, which I could edit on Garmin Connect without any unwanted impact on the performance calculations. So, I wonder, is anyone else experiencing these "auto stop & save" issues during lap swimming? 

Yeah - I expect someone will say "make sure you have the latest firmware" so I am looking into that.

• May be no feedback because this is the forum for 'Accessories & Sensors', not the 'Instinct' watch, and the original post makes no reference to any external sensors being used?

• Can you identify a forum here where these issues are addressed?

• One of these Instinct series forums that other Instinct users use:

You say you are using an Instinct 2 Solar so you would want the Instinct 2 series forum.