This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Running dynamics pod with Fenix 6X Pro

Excuse my ignorance. I've bought a Fenix 6 Pro with a dynamics foot pod. Is there any calibration to do? I've just been on the tread mill. Only looking at the Fenix and pod data I'm running 2.4k in 10:27. I'm a 92kg out of shape 49yr old, I started running about 2 weeks ago but have vastly improved. The figures just don't seem right? The pod is placed on the back of my shorts as per the instructions.

Thanks

Phil

• It does not require any calibration.

The running dynamics pod only provides data like ground contact time, vertical oscillation and derivatives thereof. It does not provide pace, so any pace inaccuracy has nothing to do with the running dynamics pod.

To get better pace/distance accuracy when indoors, first make some outdoor runs with GPS on. Another method (even better) is getting a footpod (one that attaches to your shoe, not the running dynamics pod). This will give you much better pace accuracy indoors.

• Thanks for the infoThumbsup. I can't find a footpod that's available anywhere. The Garmin one is discontinued as is the Addidas compatible one. Stryd costs a fortune so that isn't an option

• Same situation here. If you find a pod does a good job on the treadmill and doesn't cost too much, please report back here :D

• I bought a new/used one off eBay for £49 Persevere. Its doing a great job on the treadmill. I think there's another one listed on eBay UK for 45