This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin instinct with wrist heart rate monitor not working

Hi, how are you? I'm having trouble with my garmin instinct wrist heart rate monitor. It simple does not work, the green lights do not power on ever, no matter what I do with the watch (software reset, hard reset, heart rate monitor emitter on, during activity, using garmin connect app after deleting it of my phone, etc). It suddenly stopped working without any apparent shock or any recent software update. 

One little detail that I noticed recently is that when the sensor is enabled (set on "automatic") it consumes a lot of battery (consuming 100% in just two days or so) and can not pair with the garmin connect on my phone. After disabling the sensor, the battery is consumed normally (going on for 7 days or even more) and it can pair with the phone and transfer activity data with out problems.

Does anybody had an similar issue? 

Thanks.

(sorry for bad english)

Top Replies

All Replies

• My watches heart rate monitor stopped working too, the light doesn't even come on.

• I'm sorry to hear that. I could't find any solution by my own, so I send it to the garmin technician team. If they can find any solution, I'll let you know, Russell.

• Same here, just stopped working about a month back. Very frustrating. The watch is only a year old.

• My watch is a week old and the heartrate monitor stops working regularly, very frustrating i wanted the Whoop but my wife said this was better so she bought it as a christmas gift. I wish we got the whoop.

• My watch is a week old and the heartrate monitor stops working regularly

Take it back to the shop or call Garmin Customer Support in your region.  That sounds like a hardware fault and the only fix is to get it replaced (the same could happen from Whoop or any other manufacturer).

• Good call, actually at ups now sending back for a replacement. And your right also looks like for what I want the instinct is better as long as it works. Have a good day

• Mine did the same, not a lot to do, I hope yours its still under warranty,

• I had the same issue. I was a Suunto Core guy for many years and when I went to upgrade to a smart watch with wrist HR, I was pointed in the direction of the Instinct Solar by some athlete friends. I wanted to love this watch. It looks great, is comfortable, and all the features worked perfectly. Except for the Wrist HR Monitor. The first watch I received, the wrist HR monitor worked for about 6 hours, then stopped and started intermittently for another day. I got frustrated and sent it back for an exchange. I was told "this never happens, and we've never heard this complaint before"... I guess their customer service team doesn't read their own forum? Anyway, I received the replacement and the wrist HR didn't work at all. Sent it back TWO MORE TIMES and NEVER received a watch that functioned as advertised. The lack of communication and overall laisse with the customer service team was also horrendous. There was never any attempt to try and keep me as a customer, or rectify a this ridiculous situation. Just excuses... "we'ver never seen this happen before"... well, it's happened and you lost a customer. Back to Suunto it is. Thanks for the waste of time and clarity on which brand to support.  DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH

• My watch heart rate widget has been disabled or hidden, then I enabled it, even then it did not work & after so many times restarting the device sometimes it fixes or sometimes does not work.

• sorry to hear about that... it was very similar to what happened to me... I loved this watch, but the wrist HR is the worst I also got frustrated! better luck next time, next watch.. I suppose