This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM-Run: inaccurately recording HR.

I invested in the HRM-Run about a month ago because my Forerunner 935 was occasionally recording my HR near the end of a run. After a month with no issues, today the HRM-Run shows my HR jumping over 40 beats/minute instantaneously, and then remaining at that high level (some 20 beats/minute above my max HR and 35 beats/min above any prior recording, despite that I was maintaining a steady and not uncomfortable pace on a treadmill with zero incline. Any advice for correcting/avoiding this in the future? See attached photo.

• I have two ideas:

1. The strap became loose at the end of workout.

2. For some reason the strap disconnected and HR data at the end of the workout were comming from the built-in optical sensor.

• Strap seemed secure as always. Definitely possible it switched over to optical sensor on my Forerunner 935, I guess, since this is the exact same issue I had in past with watch alone (which led me to invest in HRM-Run). I wonder how I can avoid that in the future though.