This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Dual won't connect to Android phone via BT

Hi, 

I recently bought an HRM Dual. It works fine when used with my Forerunner 945 (both via ANT+ and BT), however I can't make it work with Android phones. Use case is my wife would like to track her runs with her smartphone and use the strap to measure heart rate.

The HRM Dual pairs fine via BT with both my Samsung Note 8 (running Android 9) and her Samsung A3 2017 (running Android 8), but actually connecting does not work. Neither triggered by the system BT app nor various running apps we've tried.

We've tried to disable/enable bluetooth, re-pair the HRM Dual, cleanup old paired devices, delete cached data of the Android BT system app, a system update of the Samsung A3 and we even replaced the HRM Dual due to a suspected defect. But no luck. 

Any ideas what we can do from here?

Thanks, Sascha 

• Which running apps have you tried? I was successful with the HRM-Dual, my Pixel 3 and Runkeeper.

• We've tried Sportractive, Runtastic and now also Runkeeper, but still no luck. 

Runkeeper just shows -1 as HF after selecting the HRM Dual. Runtastic gives an error message like "can't connect".

All apps got the permissions they've asked for.

•  Hmmm, not sure what to suggest. I set it up while ago, and don't remember the steps I followed. I checked again this morning (since I don't use it all that often) and it was immediately  detected and provided heart rate details for an activity.

Ii did notice that it doesn't show as a Bluetooth connected device on my Pixel 3.

• Every time i have used a HRM Dual sensor (or any ANT+ or Bluetooth sensor or watt meter) with a Android phone I have been very happy with its connecting.  I have NEVER 'connected' the sensors in the bluetooth configuration page.  I have only connected them on the App side of things.  So 'add sensor' or 'find device' etc... in Wahoo Fitness, Strava, Stages Flight... etc.  I would forget sensors on the bluetooth config... uninstall Apps... reboot phone... then reinstall App and try to link sensor to activity in the App.   

• That indeed did the trick. 

I've "forgot" the strap in the bluetooth config, rebooted, installed Runkeeper and voilà, it's found and shows heart rate. 

Thanks!

• i have the same problem did solved it  ? if yes please how ?

• I've "forgot" the strap in the bluetooth config, rebooted, installed Runkeeper and voilà, it's found and shows heart rate. 

From the post immediately above yours...from three years ago.