This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Dual & Forerunner 45 (missing feature/bug)

I do a lot of indoor rowing, during which the optical HRM on the Forerunner 45 is about as useful as a chocolate teapot (this is the same on all wrist worn optical HRMs - they don't really work when rowing)

So after investigation, I decided on ordering a HRM Dual.  It is one of the few chest straps that can transmit R-R timings over ANT+.  However, the Forerunner 45 does *not* support this over ANT+!  What are the chances that a future update to the 45 will offer full support for the HRM Dual?  It would be nice to get stress readings whilst rowing, as well as when I'm running and using the internal optical HRM.

Therefore, unless the Forerunner 45 is updated to fully support it, don't bother buying the HRM Dual for use with the 45, it's a waste of money - may as well just get a generic ANT+ HRM chest strap instead.

• All modern Garmin watches allow for connection of ANT+ heart rate straps, whether they are straps from Garmin, Wahoo, Etc.

Have you went through the process of adding the sensor?  You seeing it during run or other test activities?  Just an issue with the 'Rowing' activity possibly?  I would contact Garmin support if that is the case.   

• You misunderstand - the forerunner 45 connects up fine to the HRM Dual.  It gives an accurate heart rate reading.  It is just that the 45 does *not* pick up the R-R heart rate timings over ANT+, it only picks up the heart rate data.

As a result, the body battery feature of the 45 stops working when I am making use of the HRM Dual.

This is clearly a bug in the Forerunner 45.

• hmmm, that is not something I was aware of, I use a FR235 without Performance check, HRV, stress, or anything like that.

HRV / R-R HR timing should be even more accurate with the use of a strap, so that makes zero sense!