This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where have all the Garmin footpods gone?

I just got a Garmin footpod last week. I love the on the run pace data. It's great how I can just attach to my running shoe and forget it's there. No charging required.

Went to go buy a second one for my other running shoes and I can not find it anywhere online. Some sites say they expect more, but I''' wait and see before ordering. Why is this discontinued? I assume it's because a new model is coming out, but typically there is brief overlap. Anyone have info on where I can buy a Garmin footpod?

• Great question - wondering the same!  Especially since the RD Pod doesn't give pace information for treadmill... why was garmin dumb on that?  Likely a Foot Pod 2 like all the other ANT/BT sensors coming out.  Hoping it is RD Pod 2... replacing both pods (RD and Foot)

• I agree, there should be a new sensor in the works. Last week I could Google and find the footpod product page, nothing today. There was a new sensor reported ~6-7 months ago (see DC rainmaker article) but never released. I'm really hoping it is a Stryd alternative, even if more expensive than the footpod or RD pod.

• I am wishing for 1hrm with all of it:

1. both ant+/BL
    2. removable device from strap (so I can clean it in washing machine)
    3. and running dynamics

Its like hrm run 3 with extra BL, but I am afraid they will exchange module only in HRM 4 which is not removable :(