This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

My HRM - Tri making battery empty for one day

Hi all!

Had no issues with my HRM-Tri for half a yeaar. Several days ago i found that my fenix 5 could not connect to strap. Changed battery and HRM TRi started working. I did one run session about 40 min and next day i could not connect to strap again. I again changed battery and strap started working. HRM case looks like new, without damages. No water inside.. Any ideas?

Thanks,

• Try to completely remove strap from fenix and add it again. If it not help, maybe different battery? 

• Already did.. Does not help. Battery 2032. thanks for advice!

• "He's dead Jim."

Garmin's HRMs have an annoying tendency to die prematurely, regardless of how carefully they're re-sealed after a battery swap. Take advantage of the warranty and contact Garmin for a replacement.

• Yup - What he said.  I've burned through two HRM-Tri straps in 12 months.   Similar symptoms except for mine, once they didn't the new battery never really helped.  The first one was replaced by Garmin.  I'm just about ready to start discussing the second strap with them.

• Seems to be similar issues with the HRM-Run

• January 2018: Purchased HRM-Run
    • 6 months later it stopped transmitting data in the middle of a run. Replaced CR2032 battery re-paired with watch per manual. Still not working. Emailed Garmin Support and received replacement.
    • 8 months later, the replacement HRM-Run exhibited same issuers. Purchased new HRM-Run.
    • 10 months later, as of today the 3rd HRM-Run is still working (knock on wood)