This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM tri crazy heart rate

I tried a HRM tri for an indoor bike session and it worked great, then I did an indoor run and it worked perfectly. Next session was another indoor bike session and I got heart rate if 180 from the start (should have been 100-115). Then I disconnected it and used my Polar OH1.

after this I couldn’t connect to the HRM tri at all. I guessed it had something to do with the battery. So today I put a new one in.

Then I took the strap of:

is the HRM tri dead and ready for replacement? Or what else can I do?

• today i made indoor session and my hrm tri just diconnected. battery is one day old(new one duracell). when i run outdoors there no problems with hrm tri. when i do indoor cycling ny edge 530 cannto find hrm tri. today it disconnected, i took off bettery for 5 minutes, then installed it again and HR was 240-250, then it fast dropped and my 945 lost connection with hrm tri. i cannot normally train. i always have to think if ebery sensor works ok

• I notice the same. If you levar the battery out for a few minutes I can find the HRM again with my Fenix and HR is in the 230 range. At the same time I can connect to the HRM with my Wahoo Bolt and HR is the same. When I turn off the connection to the Fenix I also loose the connection to the Bolt.

Seems very weird to me. Hope they release a new HRM tri with dual ant+ and Bluetooth soon Thumbsup

• I have the same problem and I don't know what to do! Is this a permanent faulty HRM-tri that needs replacement? or could we try something else???

• I had the same issue with an elliptical workout. Right at the start it was showing 185 bpm. So I stopped the workout discarded it and waited to see the garmin hrm-tri heart rate drop back to normal then started the workout again and finished my workout with normal exercise heart rate. Weird, hopefully it was a one off. 

• have you fixed the problem?

• The Garmin HRMs will sometimes give crazy high readings when they don't have a solid electrical connection to your chest. You can try rubbing it around a little, or make it slightly wet. Sometimes they also continue broadcasting a high number after removal, and when that happens all you can really do is manually disable that sensor on your device.