This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

hrm battery

I get the impression from the Forus that there are a number of issues when it comes to replacing the batteries in the HRM.  I have a red - Run HRM; it's being giong strong for just over 12months, but I'm beginning to expect the battery to fail.

I'm wanting to get a couple of batteries, so my questions are; is there a preferred brand, i.e. Duracell, Panasonic??  Can I expect my battery life to be massively diminshed once I replace the batteris, or were these just historical problems on the straps?

Cheers.

• I've been using several garmin sensors for years, having replaced batteries many times, and never ran into any issues. I believe there is no preferred brand, although I'd avoid the cheapest no-name batteries.

• Thanks for the response, I've just ordered some Duracell batteries so hopefully they'll do the job

• I have had 3 HRM Runs, and 4 of the previous straps where you can swap the pod on it....in each case the strap works great until the battery runs out. Once the battery runs out, I careful open up the case, replace the battery with a brand new one, and within 2 days the new battery is dead. THis has happened to me at least 7 times!!!!! I am not an idiot but somehow I have not successfully replaced a single battery. At one point in time I got so frustrated by it that after each run I would unscrew the case and take out the battery, then before the next run I would put in the new battery and run - then I would repeat the process so that the new battery was only in for the duration of the run.

So, what am I doing wrong? I have had this happend on 7 straps (it might have been 8) and in each case it is the exact same signature - the battery dies. I feel like the purposely put it a capacitor that when discharged sets some bit that causes all future batteries to be immediately drained so you have to buy a brand new strap at $100 per!!! What a total ripoff....oh, and joy of joys...my latest strap just told me today that battery life is low...yay!

• Have you solved this issue?