This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM strap replacement on Forerunner 230

I am sure there must a lot of questions on this so please excuse another one, but I really need some advice on this decision.

My HRM strap also has the corrosion problem and I need to replace it.  I must comment that I did not rinse the strap after EACH run as per the instructions, more like every 3/4 run and still it lasted 3 years.  Normally I would not look at anything else other than the manufacturers products so currently I am still leaning towards replacing it with the Garmin HRM Dual strap at ZAR - R800.

The only two other options that I am advised and I will consider is the Wahoo Tickr at ZAR - R560 or the Polar H10 at ZAR - R1,050.

I just do running with it up to 90km runs, so comfortability and durability is my two main requirements as well as compatibility, I don't like to struggle with these things and I guess here the Garmin will be the easy/best bet.   I don't change my technology frequently so this purchase must hopefully last a very long time, so if that means I have to pay the bit more for the Polar and that is the best buy by far then so be it, but if the best purchase should be another Garmin (with the correct cleaning techniques this time) then great.   If the Tickr which is the cheapest of them all really is the best bargain buy and it does not sacrifice comfort and durability, great, I'm just scared (and perhaps it is just my perception) that it will not be in the same quality as the Garmin or the Polar? 

Thanks a lot in advance guys.