This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin speed sensor 2 -- odometer function

Is there an app, a data field or a clever hack that will compute a running total of distance, ideally a counter that can be reset manually. I'd like to use this sensor as an odometer, the idea being to schedule maintenance.

• I would also like an odometer for the sensor 2. While Garmin has really good hardware it doesn't seem to employ enough programmers to allow the hardware to perform as a consumer would expect.  

Odometer kilometres from the sensor 2 should be included as a standard function in Garmin connect web pages.

(Another basic human right that is not included in Gramin Connect is the ability to edit swim laps from watches to compensate for the errors that occur >> I use third party swimmingwatchtols for that.).... Without that 3rd party software the Garmin Watch Swim laps function would be useless (because incorrect data = useless data)

• Did you find a workaround for this problem ? I'm a bit desapointed too, I bought a speed sensor 2 to reccord every kilometer on my bike but it doesn't seem possible...

• Add an entry under "gear". Since sensor 2 keeps up to 300hrs of activity, even if you rarely sync to the Garmin ecosystem your gear entry should reflect your usage. I do this for my chains. 

• It works, but it also creates lots of useless activities in Strava, which I would like to avoid.

And I think there is no way to assign one sensor to a bike and another to another bike ? (Road bike and MTB)

• If you go to Menu>History>Totals.  You can see the total miles for each activity profile.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to reset these totals. 

• If you go to Menu>History>Totals.  You can see the total miles for each activity profile.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to reset these totals.