This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-run + FRN945 - How to broadcast pulse data?

Dear all,

there is one particular technical question. I've used MyZone MZ-3 before I went to Garmin platform (which I like) and it was possible to broadcast pulse data to assault bike or rover stand.

As I understood from DC Rainmaker reviews - GARMIN does use proprietary data-set for HR data and thus no 3rd party systems can extract data. Is it so? How to broadcast that data? Any other way you can recommend to do?

Best regards, Oleksandr

• Garmin uses standard ANT+ profile for HR data broadcast, so any ANT+ compatible device should be able to receive it.

• Garmin probably does that BUT in comparison to the old MZ-3 I can't really see my HR data on the bike. Checked bike datasheet as well and it does support only ANT+. Tried also another HRM-Run chest strap from another athlete - same thing.

So, there is some kind of problem over there anyway. Any more suggestions?

• I think you need to go through a pairing process on the bike first in order to receive heart rate data from the strap. Did you do that?

• This is one of the beauties of ANT+ that it doesn't really require that much of pairing. Pairing is needed only in case of kind of sensitive data sharing e.g. running dynamics or etc.

Normally - you just approach to the bike you need and it starts showing it.

ANT+ is just a transmission thing - so you broadcast and whatsoever wants to listen - can show the thing!

Br, Oleksandr

• And what if two or more sensors are around? Pairing is required to determine which sensors to show.This is how all garmin (and not only garmin) devices work. Imagine a gym full of people, everyone wearing a heart rate sensor. How do the bikes know which sensor to show? Although the bike you're talking about might be different in that it shows whatever sensor appeared first. Anyway I'd check the bike manual to verify if pairing is needed or not.