HRM Dual Heart rate stuck at 72

I have the HRM Dual. I just bought it two weeks ago. I've gone on about 9 runs with it. During my last run, it worked perfectly for about 45 minutes and then my heart rate descended to 72. It has not moved since. It has been several days and it is very clean. It has no problem hooking up to my phone via bluetooth and connects just fine as soon as I strap up. However, the heart rate is stuck at 72 and doesn't move. Any ideas?

• Yeah I forgot to add that. It always shows 85 % and 72 BPM. And I have reset the unit as per their instructions and replaced the battery 3 times. Nothing changes. But thanks for your reply. 

• I had a similar problem where the HRM dual would read between 70 and 90 BPM intermittently during a ride. Got worse and worse until it stopped reading altogether. The unit was 3 years old. Replaced the strap with one from garminstraps and and that solved the problem. 

• From other forum comments it defaults to standard 72 when no signal. This is bad engineering! As an engineer I was immediatly suspicious and pushed my heart rate up deliberately by climbing stairs which showed no change. As a fix, try tightening strap and spitting on sensors and you need to warm up to get good sensor contact in these temperatures.

Garmin - hope you are going to fix this, please?  Should flash 0 or No Connection. This is dangerous should indicate real problem rather than try to hide it. I have just had a Coronary Bypass and misleading users that rate is 72 when it might be 120 is dangerous.

• From other forum comments, it defaults to standard 72 when no signal. This is bad engineering! As an engineer I was immediatly suspicious it showed ideal value and pushed my heart rate up deliberately by climbing stairs which showed no change. As a fix, try tightening strap and spitting on sensors and you need to warm up to get good sensor contact in these temperatures.

Garmin - hope you are going to fix this, please?  Should flash 0 or No Connection. This is dangerous should indicate real problem rather than try to hide it. I have just had a Coronary Bypass and misleading users that rate is 72 when it might be 120 is dangerous.

• I have had 3 Garmin HR straps to date.  The first one was the older rubber type.  I have not had one single day's issues with it.  I then bought the Dual HRM, and send it in after only a few months due to various issues listed in many forums already.  I used the replacement for 6 months and it started doing the same thing.  I then stopped training due to work.  After a year I bought a new Garmin device that came with the Dual HRM as well.  Brand new gave the same issues as the others.  Garmin has so many comments on care and wash and whatever.  It's all BS.  It's a *** design that DOES NOT WORK!  So many guys are using the Polar soft strap with the Garmin unit clipped onto the Polar strap without any issues.  So that tells you everything!