This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

heart rate monitor inaccuracy and fitness stats

It is well-known that the wrist-based heart rate monitor can be wildly inaccurate. My question is does the recorded data still impact your overall fitness assessment in Garmin Connect and on the watch? For example, I set out to keep my heart rate low during an easy run this morning. But the Garmin wrist-based monitor showed me maxing out in zone five.  My manual pulse check revealed I was only in zone 1, backed up by a low perceived exertion. But based on that zone 4 data, Garmin Connect rated the workout a 4.2, or "highly impacting" aerobic fitness. This rating did not change when I manually changed the average and maximum heart rate to comport with my manual pulse test and level of perceived exertion. Should I just delete the erroneously recorded data? Or will it update at some point and override the device's data.  FYI, just ordered a new HRM Tri strap since my old belt crapped out, which is why I was relying on the watch's HRM.

• To clarify, I mean should I just delete the erroneously recorded activity, and enter a manual activity based on my perceived exertion/manual pulse, in order to keep my actual fitness level status and record of exertion accurate?