This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Different Versions of HRM-Tri?

My original strap (that I got with my 920xt) had the blue grippy rubber (Just like the HRM-Swim) around the electrodes. From the image on Garmin's website, the HRM-Tri that comes with the FR945 has the same grippy rubber, but it's black instead of blue. After my dog chewed up my HRM-Tri, I bought a new one off Amazon. This new one has no grippy rubber around the electrode, instead it was the same type of smooth rubber as the electrode.

This new HRM-Tri functions the same as the old one and as far as I can tell it stays in place just as well too. My natural curiosity just made me wonder why the different designs.

• Did you ever find an answer to this? I recently ordered one off of Amazon and got the black rubber electrode. 

• To my knowledge the Blue grippy rubber was used on the HRM-Swim, and the smooth black material is used on the HRM-Tri

• I have a 3 year old Tri and it has the blue grip around the smooth black electrode pad too.  The purpose is to help prevent slippage while doing pool and OWS activities.  I haven't seen a newer Tri, but if they went with a totally smooth electrode pad this will be problematic for those type of activities.

Update:  I just looked at Garmin's website and the picture shows the Tri all black now.  It does show the electrode pad with the grip around it, so I'm not sure why the OP received one without it.