This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin HRM-run not found

A couple of days ago, my Garmin HRM-run strap stopped working. Because I thought the battery would have just run low, I replaced it with a (kind of expensive) Duracell 2032 battery. So far I have tried two new batteries, but the strap isn't found by my FR645M anymore. I have tried replacing the battery, deleting the strap from my watch and searching for it again. Is there anything else I can do? I'm kind of afraid it has died on me - which would really be frustrating, as I havent' been using it for more than two months. Has anyone got any advice?

• I’ve seen odd HR readings, high and low, not necessarily before it quits. Or not that I remember. 

• Same for me - I will however try the 30 sec tip above and hope for the best. 

• Just a thought... if you don't wear your watch and you set it within a few feet of the strap, could the strap battery be in constant use?

• That is a good thought. I recall discussing this on these forums. When I had one of the older Forerunners that were not all that fashionable, I'd never wear the watch except for training. That increased the possibility of the HRM being within range of the watch. I was also using one of the original hard plastic straps at the time. Now I'm wearing the watch almost all the time and the HRM is nowhere near the watch. Also, this isn't a battery issue, at least not in my case, as replacing the battery has no impact.

• I agree but waiting longer would allow more time for the capacitor to dissipate completely. Better is to short the terminals for ten seconds.

• After removing the battery, short circuit the terminals using any metal pin. One end in. the centre the other to the outer edge of the battery holder.  Count ten seconds remove pin. You should be good to go. It worked for me with my Edge 1000 hrm. Cheers

• I have the same problem. Whatever I've tried it didn't work. I don't think that my FR735 has a problem because my old FR35 can't find it too. So I called Garmin. They sent me an RMA number and will replace it under warranty.

I had a closer look at the housing of the sensor with magnifying glass. The plastic where one of the threads for the screws is pressed in has a crack. Although I've never screwed it too tight. It's maybe from production. After 20 months of use it has grown and maybe water could come in. It would be better if the sensor could be separated from the strap before washing it. I hope that I receive the replacement soon and that it will last longer and won't eat batteries like this one started to do.

• , I agree. They need to come up with a HRM that has the running dynamics of the HRM-Run/Tri/Pro with the durability of the Dual with removable transmitter.

I also went through 2 of the HRM-Run's. The last one died and is now out of warranty. I've now gone back to my vintage 2010 Garmin Premium HRM. The transmitter from the Garmin I've snapped on to a Polar WearLink+ strap. Easy to clean and replace the batteries. I don't get the cool running dynamics as with the HRM-Run, but honestly I only really want a consistent heart rate. 

• This worked for me, thanks for the tip, HRM Run stopped working, replaced the battery and it still didn’t connect, tried again using this method and it did the trick. Thanks

• I have the same problem. From one day to the other the HRM Run didn't connect any longer to my Fenix watch. There hadn't been any battery warning before. So I changed the battery according to the instructions and it worked again ... for 2 days.

I thought the battery might have been a faulty one and exchanged it again. I only use good and brand-new ones. This time I tested it beforehand. All good. After 2 days again no connection and the battery was completely depleted. Tried it a third time after I left it without a battery for several days. The result was another dead battery after 2 days and I hadn't even used it. Something seems to drain the battery even if it not in use. It appears to be a common issue with the HRM-Run.

I contacted Garmin, and they said that since it is 5 months out of the one-year warranty they can't do anything for me. Especially since it is and "international" purchase. That is the weirdest thing. I am from Germany and living now in Australia. Last year I was in Germany and got this new HRM-Run purchased at a very well known sports store. So I paid almost €100 just to experience that it doesn't last longer than 16 months, and they can't do anything because I live in a country where I didn't purchase it??? They offered me a new one for AUD 149.

So I was thinking of buying a new Fenix 6X Pro here in Australia. But it bears the risk that if I move back to Germany, they will again tell me "oh it's  an international purchase. We can't help you if it breaks down after 12 months, sorry."

I have  several Garmin products and was generally satisfied. But this gives me second thoughts.