This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRM Dual or HRM4 Run when paired with Fenix 5X plus? Pairing of wireless headphones (Stream Spotify) at same time?

Hi all,

Can anyone give me any insight into chest straps? I have found the optical HRM on the Fenix to be inaccurate when zone training, and would like to look at a chest strap. As I have cadence etc already tracked via the Fenix, I'm not sure that I'd need the HRM4 as I already obtain all the actual statistics I need from the watch. Is there any benefit in getting the HRM4 over the more basic HRM dual, as all I need is a more accurate HR tracker? I'm assuming the watch will still track all other metrics while HR is monitored via strap? 

Also, I currently run with wireless connected headphones streaming Spotify from the watch. Is it possible to still have the chest strap and wireless headphones paired at the same time? Don't want to lose my music at expense of the chest HRM.

Thanks in anticipation of any help or feedback.

Carl

• Cadence comes from an accelerometer on the watch, so you don't need a strap for that. The more expensive HR straps add in Running Dynamics, cant remember if HRM4 support them but the HRM-Tri does. The HRM-Dual doesn't support them, but does support ANT+ and BT (which can be useful if you Zwift so you can get BT to a tablet for example.)

Using a HRM won't affect using wirelessly connected headphones. They use BT and the strap will use ANT+.

HTH

CW