BETA Firmware, should we discontinue Use of the External Power Supply aswell?

Hi,

I received notice to discontinue use of the Tacx NEO BIKE PLUS external power supply due to a potential overheating issue - there is also an interim firmware fix for these bikes to prevent fire: v5.1.0

Garmin haven't been clear on whether this is strictly a hardware issue, or whether there is a firmware problem aswell. Our bike doesnt seem to be covered by this Service Alert, however there is an option to install BETA firmware to our original bikes which aligns our bikes to the software and protocol features of the newer bikes. So i'm left wondering - are we at risk also? The thread that includes this BETA can be found HERE.

I've reached out to Garmin for an update, but i also wanted to create this thread for potential awareness and see if anyone else has information to share. I'll update once i get something back.

• I reached out to Garmin support to ask them to acknowledge whether the mentioned issue is a hardware or software problem, and whether i was OK to still use my Neo Bike Smart with the BETA firmware and external power supply. The reply i received is as follows, and hopefully will help others who are also wondering like i was:

I can confirm that the Beta software version 4.5.0 is perfectly okay to use on the Neo Bike Smart and you can continue to use the external power supply. 

The service bulletin only concerns the Neo Bike Plus units.