Tacx Neo Bike knocking noise

Hello… my one week old Neo Bike has a knocking noise from the first time I used it….is this normal ? 

hopefully I’ve attached  a link  

• See attached video for my resolutionClick here to play this video

• The belt pulley hub on the flywheel motor assembly was displaced due to an assembly error at the factory.

• Nothing to do with the crank….identical knocking I had and had a warranty replacement. Even the one I have now makes that noise occasionally but I’m  living with it at the mo……if it get worse then another replacement  bike will be required…about 10 day turn around but very efficient return process, just a faff dismantling and rebuilding the bike….I love the bike though ….good luck 

• Hi all. My tale of woe... I had a problem with one of the fans not working, they sent me a fan assembly. I knew this wouldn't fix the issue because when I swapped the cables around the opposing fan worked, meaning it was a port issue. Garmin decided to send me a whole new bike. I installed the main unit with all my existing components. The fan issue persisted so I swapped the display unit for the new one, hey presto. 

All was good....not quite! The new main unit had the knocking noise/feel as others have described. Primarily from the left crank. Reported to Garmin, another new bike sent. Bike arrived, same problem! 

I can't be bothered with another replacement. It's a massive ball ache disassembling, boxing, returning then unboxing and assembling the new one. Then again, I shouldn't have to put up with it if it's not right. 

• Uh… yep.  I got an entire new replacement because of terrible knocking & squeaking.  In under 200 miles.. . the new one they replaced it with is doing the same.  First, just every now & then.  If I backpedaled slightly it’d bang a bit going forward  & the noise went away.  $3000… you’d think it would work.  Going through this again…  I’m beside myself. I live in a condo.  Can’t have the noise.  I empathize with the staff.  I do.  This thing should function properly.  Right?  Yesterday it got really bad.  Low wattage & high wattage.  It makes no difference.  The more I have to shift on a route, the worse it gets.  Again, if I momentarily backpedalled & go forward clack clack clack or clunk clunk clunk noise is disrupted & things move (often with a single jerky clunk) internally to rest, & something moves & resets.  It’s ok for awhile: Then… inevitably… it starts again.  Sometimes it’s 15 seconds, sometimes 15 minutes.  For awhile tonight it was very loud, & could pd not right itself for about 20 minutes. Had to keep stopping.  What can be done? I need a working trainer.  It’s as if the gearing sticks & then goes limp & something just flops & knocks while inexplicably still giving resistance (although I definitely ease up or stop because I can’t have the hammering noise going through to the neighbors).  I just don’t understand what is knocking in there.  The squeaking is the belt, but the knocking?  Why can’t it keep the tension right? If it squeaks as loud as the original I’m totally done.  It was like a 90 decibel squeak.  Sending the first one back was extremely difficult.  They took it back & support was great, but it’s very hard to package (by yourself).  I mean Herculean. Can I fix this failure of the drivetrain myself?  It knocks in every app.  Even tacx training.  Nightmare.  I couldn’t even put my own handlebars on this new one, because the shimano ttype lever clamps had been tightened & crushed in to where they couldn’t make the bend on their stock bars.  I mean, I guess that happens with shimano clamps unlike SRAM, but they couldn’t even tell me what type of clamps they were so I could buy some. I keep buying parts.  I bought shimano style lever clamps, which I’m hoping fit these levers,  if they don’t, I will be dismayed. I keep paying for expedited shipping on replacement neo bikes & parts too.  Bar tape, etc.  It adds up.  I just… need this thing to work.  I’ve really slowed down & am NOT putting out the power I was 3 years ago.  I’m aging, & my CNS is also demyelinating (which, talk about frustration on that one), so I’m not exactly torquing this thing with pro level wattage.  There are days when I can’t see well enough or feel with my right hand well enough to ride on the road safely… &… I just need this thing to work.  I got this neo bike because I also have days where I can’t do bike maintenance with tremors… so… ii need this thing to work.  Sigh.

• So final fix for me involved realizing the black plastic cover that protects the drive belt and pulleys had interference with the motion of the belts and pulleys and crank but on the inside.  I ground away extra plastic with a dremel and it was fixed.  Very quiet now.

• Click here to play this videoClick here to play this video

That’s very interesting.  Something is definitely disrupting the internal mechanics.  I’d open it up to investigate, but I don’t know what that does to the warranty.  They really don’t give you any engineering information.  They just send it to the engineering dept., & then form an “order”.  I mean I’ve got three good bikes.  2 road one mountain.  Working 9-5, & with the days longer, I can ride the road after work I guess.  It’d be in rush hour tho… & I’m not doing so great with my issues lately, so I’m (prudently) fearful of trying to ride or worse yet fix a flat or chain at dusk or dark.  Weekend days are safer for me.  I have no one to ride with anymore, so no steady hands if mine go crap.  Geeez.  Am I this pathetic now?  Good grief.  I’m a good climber, but I’ve seriously gone down hill. Chuckle.

• They are exchanging it again.  They were quick to accept & intiate.  No hassle at all there.  

• Can you share a link to the video please? I can't play it in the browser for some reason