Tacx Neo Bike knocking noise

Hello… my one week old Neo Bike has a knocking noise from the first time I used it….is this normal ? 

hopefully I’ve attached  a link  

• I had a knocking sound coming from my brand new Neo Bike.

I tightened up the 5mm allen bolt on the left crank and that seems to have sorted it.

Might not be the cause of your issue but it's definitely worth a try.

• Thanks…I had that problem as well, new out the box. Garmin gave instructions to tighten to 22 N/m. 
    The knocking was a complete different issue. The bike has now been returned and I purchased another one that’s working fine Fingers crossed

• Not solved :( left crank stable now but I still have creaking. Any idea ? Thanks

• Unfortunately, my problems continued too.

I ended up emailing a video of it to Garmin Support ([email protected]) and they are now in the process of organising a replacement frame for me.

Mine wasn't a creaking noise though, mine was more of a "knocking" sound, but it's probably worth emailing Garmin Support as they were very helpful (they typically reply within 24 hours).

Hope you get it sorted.

• I conntacted the Garmin support. I had to send a video which documented the knocking noise from the bike. They sent me a completely new one. The new one hasn't the knocking noise. I'm happy now.

• Same issue with mine. Interestingly, the issue only seems to happen on Zwift. I purchased 6 weeks ago from Wiggle. I phoned Garmin and they offered to replace the motor unit immediately (before I could fully explain the problem!). They said it is a known issue in 10% of these units. Good customer service but also disappointing to have break down the old one, send back, not have bike for a few weeks then build up the new one. 

• We’ll my 2nd Neo Bike developed the vary same knocking as the first after 4 months. Emailed Garmin and they said it would need to be replaced,  although I did ask if I could fix the issue myself ! 
    So replacement due today ( a 1 week turnaround that I’m happy with, very good customer service  ). Just hope it’s the same model and condition ( immaculate) as the one I sent to them. Fingers crossed 3rd time lucky Fingers crossed

• Got the same problem. Garmin sent me a Left crankarm CAP remover so i could tighten the left crank arm. but that wasn't the problem. The crank arm was tight enough and i still have the knocking sound. I am now waiting for a reply from Garmin what to do next. I hope somebody has a tip so i can fix it myself. I always use TrainerRoad platform in ERG mode. Here is my video of the sound: 

• I have exactly the same knocking sound on my brand new Neo Bike Smart. Because many recommendations here say take down the left crank and set it firmly again, I tried it as first. This didn't help in my case. But, with the left crank down, I have found the real reason of knocking noise. When I firmly grip (by hand only) the right crank axe on the left side bottom bracket (the small piece that sticks out from the bottom bracket), I can feel the gap when move the axe up and down. I'm not sure, if the gap is between the axe and bottom bracket or between bottom bracket and Neo Bike. From what I see, the GAP is between the axe and the bottom bracket :-(.