Fans stop, USB power shuts down, ERROR during rides

Dear all

Had now couple times always the same issues. When I ride on Tacx a virtual course, suddendly and regularly:

- The Fans stop to work

- Power if attached iPad/Iphone shuts down

- On the display ERROR shows up

This happens 2-4 times in one minute. Then stops again and repeats like 10 min later.

It happens especially after 300W power on the pedals. But also on low Watts. So I didn’t figure out why.

When I then go into the Tacx Utility app, no Error messages are shown.

Ipad is connected with Bluetooth and power cable, same with iPhone and a Ant HRM from Garmin.

Any same experiences?

• forums.garmin.com/.../error-mark-after-installing-the-bike

Jepp, got today Software 0.039 from garmin to downgrade and then upgrade once more to 0.040, same issue.. sent handelbar/display and brake ID’s to garmin for further investigation.. Both parts has his own processor with Software, problem might be related to different sw/hw. My Trainer is 3 days old, so Brand new..

• Update 16.06.2020:: my frame will be replaced, error message/sporadic fan activity/ USB charging disfunction doesn’t fixed by software down/upgrading. Additional issue is a belt noise/squeal regardless speed or power. fingers cross that new frame frame fix all issue..

• You have to exchange the whole frame/bike? No way... 

I have written to garmin support my hassles - and didnt get any answer since more than one week now (even asked 2times if the got my email due to large videos explaining my problems). Very sad for a premium product for around 3000 dollars...that shows me, that the are not prepared for capital management.

How does the exchange process work? Will it be picked up at your house and exchanged with a new (hopefully not already used) frame?

And is the belt noise/squeal similar to this one? I‘m getting nuts with this sound...

Click here to play this video

• jepp, it´s exactly this squeal noise and it´s a whole exchange of the bike decided by Garmin.. Usually Garmin has some spare Bikes in stock and shipping company will be ordered to pick your old one off and leave the new on at your site, in case you have the original shipping box…

But my RMA has been open on 12.06. and till today nothing happen. I involved today my shop to start rescission/return process., in case a short term replacement I´ll keep the NEO Bike, if not it will be returned..

In that case, what a pity but it looks like TACX bike need some small refinements and bug fixes. From HW it looks stable an robustness to handle  the power. Buttons of shifter are not perfect if you compare with Campagnolo/Shimano/SRAM but they learned ergonomics over long long period of time…   

• I have the same behaviour when i plug something in USB for power. It is worse if both USB are plugged in, better if only 1 and no errors when I don't plug anything in.

Weird.

• My Tacx Bike has been replaced completely and with the new one since so far no issues but I performed only a some rides. We had wonderful summer/autumn here in Germany so no need for flooding the floor..Wink

I recognized in my last ride some shifting delay but will have an eye on that....  

• I also have the same problem. The fans and the USB power turn off, and appears the message ERROR on the display for a very short time.
    My software is 0.040

• I had the same problem when I connected USB device (phone or iPad). After testing, it tend to be my charging cable that made the issue (which works on other devices and chargers well). I swapped to original Iphone cable and everything has been working smoothly ever since. No ERROR messages and USB devices are charging.

• i had the same problem today. brand new neobike. fifth or sixth ride. iphone connected to usb port 1, other usb port unused. zwift ride: mont ventoux. 30 minutes into the ride, usb port stops working and front fans stop as well, error is shown on top right corner of display. instead of stopping, i continue my ascent as i planned to achieve a new PR (which i did... at the expense of a neobike?). after finishing the ascent and easing into the descent, the neobike disconnects bluetooth, goes into low resistance mode, the light under the bike turns to red and the fans in the back of the device turn to full speed. disconnecting the power supply and reconnecting after 5 minutes does not alter the situation. tacx app on iphone does not find the neobike via bluetooth. question: is there a "factory reset" key combo?

• new situation: display turned on, shows "error" on top right corner, light is turned on as well, orange instead of red as before.

turning the pedals shows some watts, the light alters to white-ish, the error stays.