Should my Garmin 935 be able to see my Tacx Neo 2T?

I realise it won't see it as a smart trainer but I was hoping it would see it as a power meter so I could take advantage of the left/right balance numbers.

Can anyone confirm?

The Neo 2T connects fine to both TrainerRoad and Zwift using both ant+ and Bluetooth but doesn't show up at all on the 935 when looking for sensors.

Thanks in advance,

Niel

• Hi,

I just tried today to find out a configuration that is working (Garmin 935 + Neo2T + Zwift).

Below the details from what I have tested/experienced:

1. First, the Neo2T must not be connected to any devices (but Ant+ must be enabled with the Tacx Utility App for spd/cad).
    2. From the 935, go to the settings menu > sensors & accessories. Then select 'PWD', it will connect to the 2T. Do the same with 'Spd/Cad'. Be aware after being connected, you have to go into the 'Spd/Cad' to set the wheel size. Then you can add any of 'power'/'cadence'/'speed' as custom data in the App you want to use (most likely bike indoor :). You can see in the 935 the name of the connected device below the sensor identification pwr/spd/cad (usually not 'Neo2T', more a big number - you can rename it afterwards for more clarity).
    3. From the 935, I use 'Bike Indoor' activity that I have customized with screen/data such as Pedal Smooth, Power, Power to Weight, Balance (in cadence), %FTP...
    4. While the 935 is waiting for the 'press start', launch Zwift (in my case but should work with any other app), let the Neo2T connects over Bluetooth to you laptop/tablet:
      1. I do not use the Garmin's wirst HR, not enough good compare to a HRM band. I pair also this HRM with the Garmin over Ant+ in the sensors & acessories.
    1. Then start the activity from the 935/Zwift at the same time (not so important if not in the same sec...).
    2. Then ride, enjoy the Neo 2T, go to the Alps, ride the Ventoux, engage yourself !
    3. After you stop your activity on both Garmin & Zwift, everything will be sync to Strava/Garmin Connect (depending on Zwift configuration, other platforms are available).
      1. In Strava, you'll not be able to get any data related to L/R % balance, TSS, IF, NP...
      2. But in Garmin Connect, you have them all !! (you need to remove manually the activity synced by Zwift to Garmin Connect).

Did few more rides yesterday, I confirm this work (except I don't get elevation gain & Zwift name activities in Garmin Connect...).

Hope it helps !

Xavier

• Thanks Xavier, much appreciated.

These steps did NOT work for me however after getting my unit replaced they work fine. Original unit seemed to have an issue with broadcasting on ant+.