REX on Tacx Neo 2T and Fenix 6X

Hi

I just bought a Tacx Neo 2T and tried to make it work with my Fenix 6X ( coupled with HRM Tri) and Zwift or Tacx

It tested several configurations and wanted to share with you my findings

The best config I found for my use :

• Fenix on bike indoor mode with Tacx Neo 2T being before configured as sensor for speed/cadence & power
  • TACX application (for the nice realistic videos Slight smile ) with sync with STRAVA
  • I launch both the bike indoor activity on the Fenix and the bike run on the TACX application (on my iPhone with an old Apple TV connected to my TV)
  • At the end of a activity,  I get a log of my activity :
    • in TACX application (with virtual GPS but no HRM)
    • in the Fenix and Garmin connect the activity with full details (all the power metrics, HRM, training effect, FTP, ...)
    • in Strava I have both TACX and Garmin activity (one to be manually erased)

Hope that will help you !

However thanks to Garmin and TACX which really made there great products !

Some more integration between real and virtual activities would be great but I am sure it is already ongoing. Perhaps a first step would be to have a virtual bike like the virtual run which allows to record on the Fenix and Garmin connect all the metrics and broadcast the HRM to Tacs or Swift application.

• A second hand EDGE 520 will also do the job! Wink

• Thanks for sharing joga. I'm just setting up a new Neo. Have a Fenix 5 and Edge 520. Haven't found a way to get HRM into TACX app so far since the HRM is only ANT+ and not bluetooth (running Tacx app on iPad). I was hoping I could use the Edge as a bridge somehow... the Fenix will broadcast HR but I think that is only from the wrist sensor, not chest strap. I'm planning to try it later today even though the HR reading from Fenix are wonky for the first 10 min of any workout I do (running included).

• Hi Osea

You can use virtual run to broadcast HRM to Tacx but then you won’t be able to store the ride with all parameters on the Fenix 

Garmin should develop a virtual bike to have both Smile

• I thought Fenix could broadcast HRM and be recording a workout at the same time but can't remember if I actually did it in the past. I do remember broadcasting from Fenix to the 520 but maybe I only logged the workout on the 520 and not the Fenix.

• Virtual run can broadcast and record at the same time but I managed to do that only for running 

• just tried to get HRM input to the Tacx app on my iPad by broadcasting from Fenix. Although my watch is paired to the iPad and shows that it is connected under BT settings and in the Garmin app, the Tacx app doesn't see it. Only shows the Neo as available devices. In theory,

I don't see why this wouldn't work. If the connection into the iPad, I wouldn't think the Tacx app would care what the actual device providing the data is. I'm reluctant to get a new strap (w/ BT) or an ANT+ to BT relay if I can't at least prove it will work with the Fenix over BT