I just bought a Tacx Neo 2T and tried to make it work with my Fenix 6X ( coupled with HRM Tri) and Zwift or Tacx
It tested several configurations and wanted to share with you my findings
The best config I found for my use :
- Fenix on bike indoor mode with Tacx Neo 2T being before configured as sensor for speed/cadence & power
- TACX application (for the nice realistic videos ) with sync with STRAVA
- I launch both the bike indoor activity on the Fenix and the bike run on the TACX application (on my iPhone with an old Apple TV connected to my TV)
- At the end of a activity, I get a log of my activity :
- in TACX application (with virtual GPS but no HRM)
- in the Fenix and Garmin connect the activity with full details (all the power metrics, HRM, training effect, FTP, ...)
- in Strava I have both TACX and Garmin activity (one to be manually erased)
Hope that will help you !
However thanks to Garmin and TACX which really made there great products !
Some more integration between real and virtual activities would be great but I am sure it is already ongoing. Perhaps a first step would be to have a virtual bike like the virtual run which allows to record on the Fenix and Garmin connect all the metrics and broadcast the HRM to Tacs or Swift application.