Download films and cheap tablet?

OK, I have a NEO2T - great bit of kit and interfacing with the ipad via bluetooth.  My issue is that my internet does not have enough girth to support the streaming service on the films.  I have tried all the normal things to boost the signal/bandwidth and I suspect that there will be a number of others that will be in this position with their trainer in the garage/basement where access to the internet may be problematic.  

So I believe that the answer is to download the films.  I appreciate that this is not possible on Ipad - IF DEVELOPERS READ THIS then please can this be a valid suggestion.  Download the film onto ipad/iphone and then good to go for a workout. - For E9.99 a month I would suggest that people might leave without this functionality.  

SO on the basis that this is unlikely to work in the short term at least I have resigned myself to buying a cheap device that runs Windows 10 - entry level Microsoft tablet does not have too much memory but probably enough - does anyone have any suggestions here to an alterantive?

Also running the desktop app on my desktop computer - logged in and cannot find the download button anywhere.  Subscription up to date, any clues out there please? 

• OK - have now found the download button - need to go back a page (I was looking at completed rides that I wanted to download).  Still interested if anyone using the Microsoft Surface Go might be a goer.  For interest a 22mile Amsterdam trip at 720p quality takes up 2.7GB so I suspect that the 64GB of RAM on the entry level might need to cycle videos through.  The d/l limit of 30 per month should not be a constraint. 

• Ram is normally the short term memory, if thats storage it will quickly run out if you use Tacx desktop app often. It will be interesting to know if this will be enough to run the app. If you do get it running will you say?  For downloading & storing the rides I would buy a cheap small 2.5" external USB3 hard drive (it looks like the port is USB C so you will need an adapter cable. There are over 200 routes now you can download over the months with 30 a month limit...so you could easily get 200 downloaded over a year & with a average of about 3GB for a 720p ride your looking at needing 1TB drive to be safe...if you with Tacx for the long haul.

• I will add that inside the settings of the windows app at the bottom you can link to any location for downloading & relinking previously downloaded ride video files that you may have moved. I would make a folder on that external drive if you get one.