How to sync grade from training app to Garmin edge?

When using the Tacx training app, the videos show the grade and elevation but they do not share the gradient data with the Garmin Edge 1030, resulting in inaccurate distances over the course of the workout. Any way to get the training app to properly synchronize all training data with the Garmin Edge units?

• What is wrong with simply exporting the data from the Tacx Training app once the workout is finished?

• Logging into the web on a daily basis exporting a file, importing a file, and then reconciling 2 files for 1 activity (Garmin activity + Tacx) activity is not practical. So just live with the Garmin activity without the cool features that Tacx provides. First world problem but we are in a first world. And Tacx is now owned by Garmin so only syncing to Strava doesn't make sense. I assume the team is working on it and it's a matter of time. But my question is how much time?

• I think you are missing my point. While we are using Rouvy and not the Tacx Training app, the principle is the same as I don't even turn our Garmins on for indoor trainer rides anymore. The app handles speed and altitude and records power output from my Neo (alternately it could be a PM), and when we are done, I simply export the Fit files from Rouvy's dashboard which I in turn import into WKO 5 and/or Garmin Connect.

• It sounds like you don't have a Garmin head unit that is setup with specific pages and data to help you train for your next Ironman. There are lot of information that I use in my Garmin head unit from when to drink/eat, to my pace, where I am at with average power (on plan, off plan, ahead of plan). Tacx doesn't include most of that stuff and on mobile you can't display specific information that you can on a Garmin head unit.

Could I simply use my head unit, delete the activity, log onto my computer, log into Tacx, download the file, log into Garmin Connect, upload the file. Yes I could do all that. I would loose out on a lot of training functionality that Garmin Connect offers like trianing load etc.. And that entire process I described doesnt sound very simple. It sounds tedious and it's never going to happen. Instead I am going to keep Tacx and Garmin separate. Which sucks since Garmin owns Tacx.

Which brings me back to my point, this is going to happen, if it doesn't then Garmin is planning on dumping Tacx. My question is when?

• I am puzzled that the there is no option to automatically upload Tacx activity to Garmin Connect! We can upload to Strava, but not to Garmin??? I purchased the Tacx over Wahoo expecting the integration into the Garmin ecosystem. but to my surprise there is no such option! I am very disappointed.