Frequent connection dropouts with Edge 1030

I'm experiencing many connection dropouts during my workout between Edge 1030 and Neo 2T.

Here an example where you can see how many time the signal goes to ZERO values:

• What do you mean? My bike is mounted on Neo 2T and Garmin Edge 1030 is mounted on my bike handlebar. The signal is ok and I can read data on Edge but I experience many moments where for 1-2 seconds the signal goes to zero.

• can You share the FIT file? it contains the ANT+ signal strength, if it is weak , then the interference is the source of it, if the signal strength is near to 95-100%, and You (still) have these 1-3secs dropouts, then the Neo's transmitting has issues.

• Sure, here it is the FIT file:

4163698650.zip

And just becouse I'm curious, how can I analyze the FIT file by myself?

• This is a good idea, what analyzer are you using?

• i have a licensed copy from FitFileRepairTool sw. (btw, there is a free online tool also which can "uncompress" the FIT file and show the sensor details, i have to find its link on my other computer browser history, give me a little time and i will share it) 

meanwhile i could analize the file, the signal is very weak, but not due to interference, the dropouts (which are 7-9secs long so something restarting in the transmission imo) is periodically repeated exactly in every ~4mins , pls try to disable this sensor setting in Tacx Utility app setting menu: https://i1.wp.com/titaniumgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/IMG_493A6FDEA263-1.jpeg?ssl=1&w=994  "Enable ANT+ SPD/CAD" and retest it , it should help i bet. 

• But if I disable this sensor how can I read speed and cadence from Garmin Edge?

• i wrote the answer above, but if You are using Zwift with ANT dongle , You can analize the Zwift log.txt file (with sensor infos) via Zwiftalizer.com , it has different signal strength meter, it shows the rxfails , so the lowest value is the best, with Neo1 the best value is somewhere 9%, with Neo2/2T (with disabled ANT+ spd/cad sensor as i wrote above) it could be near 4-5%. If You have wifi interference, than You should see many dropouts here and the rxfails values should be higher. 

• As i check You paired your Neo to Edge as power, spd/cad sensor separately, and not as indoor trainer (it is in a different menu in 1030, in the Training on homepage (i think) and Indoor Trainer submenu). And if You pair it as indoor trainer, it means it will use the FE-C protocol, and transfer power/spd/cad as one "sensor" , so you can disable that SPD/CAD broadcast in Tacx Utility app without problem. (and You should remove the additional sensor pairings in sensor menu in 1030)

but if you dont wanna pair it as indoor trainer, only as "standard" sensor  , if You  pair only the Neo ANT+ power , it will transmit the power and cadence values also. Yes, you wont have speed , but why do you need speed data indoor? it is totally useless info because you can pedal with 100watt at 60km/h indoor if you want in 53-11 gear ratio, and you can pedal with 500watt at 5km/h in lowest 39-28 with low rpm if you want (in ERG mode, not in SIM) so the speed (and distance) is not a relevant info imho...

• Sure speed is not useful, but cadence yes, I need it

• You will have cadence with ANT+ power sensor only, during this workout your cadence came from Neo's ANT+ Power transfer also (all powermeters transmit power and cadence through power ANT+ profile, and Neo's one has higher priority which means it overwrites any other cadence source /pedal based power meters have the same higher priority too/ and uses only that cadence data which comes with power data through the ANT+ Power profile. so from Neo's  ANT+ SPD/CAD sensor your Edge 1030 received only the speed values and recorded it.