I'm an avid Garmin user looking to update my old wheel-on trainer. I'm curious from those that have used the Tacx Flow Smart and/or the Tacx app for Windows what you think. As I am researching options some of the questions that come to mind include:
- Which software apps do you prefer?
- Will the Tacx app on a Windows computer and service work with a non-Tacx smart trainer such as a Wahoo Kickr? I've heard some reports that it requires you be on a Tacx trainer. Is this true?
- I see the Tacx service pricing is in Euro's. Is this really intended solely for the European market and is their a USA version I'm not seeing?
- I presume it will still work in the USA, but you will you be charged in Euros? This seems funny for Garmin who is a USA based company.
- The Tacx Flow Smart appears to simulate only up to 6% grade. Have you found this to be an issue
- Have you used the Tacx Flow Smart simply with an Edge device (I use the Edge 530) doing the control? How well does that actually work?
Thanks for your thoughts !