Hi Garmin, please open up Training Readiness and HRV Status functionality - you know you can!

Hi Garmin, please can you open up better functionality on devices... I have the vivosmart 5 for tracking daily health, and a Fenix 7 for activities, and I recognise there will always be limitations in software and hardware, sometimes its obvious you are locking things down juts for fun!

For example, my vivosmart tracks sleep, but not HRV in any meaningful way so we are told, so I cannot get the Training Readiness Score as a feature, as it relies on nighttime data including HRV, and I accepted that as a shortcoming of the device. However, I discovered that if I pop my Fenix on first thing in the morning, it sucks the HRV data from my sleep data collected by the Vivosmart, and updates my Training readiness and HRV status. So, the vivosmart collects all the required data for these features, and its purely a software adaptation thats needed to update these fields within Garmin Connect... why on earth would you hold this back from users, such valuable information. Its not as if you can 'upsell' me anything from the vivosmart either, so it just seems like you guys are doing it to annoy us...

• Love this post! I feel the same way about my Venu 2. Garmin releases the Venu 3 with HRV status, morning report, etc basically things my Venu 2 could easily do with a software update, but no, Garmin won’t give us Venu 2 users that update because they want me to buy the Venu 3. Very sucky way to treat loyal consumers. Apple updates every watch, every year, no matter if it is the most expensive watch or the basic entry level Apple Watch SE model. The day Garmin updates my Venu 2 with the basic features of the Venu 3, I will drop my Apple Watch and become a loyal Garmin customer.  I’m not holding my breath however. 

• Its a bit weird indeed. I use this tracker mainly to sleep and it drops HRV in the widget like any fenix or marq. But it doesnt count for sleep score Sweat smile. Seems like a software update is the kind thing to do. 

• Have been waiting for this to happen forever...no idea why they won't do it...