vivoactive 5 black screen

I've had my Garmin for 3 DAYS and i am already having issues with the screen blacking out - it is fully charged so that is not the issue and the data is still being collected on the app. But I cannot see the time on my WATCH - the purpose of a watch - or any other stats as the screen is black. This is incredibly frustrating and if anyone has a reason as to why it might be doing this that would be much appreciated! 

Thank you!

• Same here... Same watch, basically still new, and the screen also goes black every few other days (max every 1 or 2 weeks, I guess). I love the watch and its functionalities (and basically everything else that Garmin does), but this shouldn't be happening and is just too annoying. Also, it seems to happen for a lot of people. The only answer Garmin gives is something like 'contact local support', but that simply isn't enough.

So, could someone from Garmin please give an update regarding this common bug?! Why is it happening, is it simply a software bug, will it be fixed and if so when will that be, etc. 

Thanks in advance.

• Same watch.  I bought it for my wife 2 months ago, but she only started using it about a month ago.  So far this has only happened twice, but discouraging that it's a common problem that hasn't been addressed.

Both times we plugged the watch in to be charged and within a few minutes the display came back on.  But the first time it happened she was out doing a long activity so it was an epic fail in that case.