My Vivosmart screen went black but works through my phone. I restarted my phone but still doesn't light up.

My Vivosmart 5 went black but works on my phone. I restarted my phone but still doesn't light up.

• My Vivosmart 5 also went black Friday, Feb. 9th, 2024, but is still sending signals to my phone.  How do i fix it?

• My Vivosmart 5 also went black Friday, Feb. 9th, 2024, but is still sending signals to my phone.  How do i fix it?

• It is possible to reboot the watch itself by holding down the button for a long period of time, something around 10s (much longer than you would for any other function.)  normally that shouldn’t be necessary, but if a nasty bug or hardware glitch causes the watch to become unusable, and nothing else seems to fix it, then this kind of hard reboot usually gets it working again.

The firmware on this watch seems pretty solid, but it’s always possible for bugs to get missed especially when they require some rare and difficult to anticipate set of conditions to manifest.