This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart 5 bands

Does anyone know if non silicone bands are available? I’d like to switch out the standard band to something more comfortable but nothing available on Garmin site and can’t find compatible replacement bands from other sellers. 

• My partner has this issue also. She's putting up with it by frequently changing wrists, once the skin has healed on each, even wearing the device facing the wrong way as it's the buckle that seems to be the most irritating.

But to have no alternative for silicone isn't great (even from aftermarket like Amazon/AliExpress/Banggood). She doesn't want the functionality that a different device which uses interchangeable straps (and hence strap material) has, so that's not an option. We're a bit too far gone to get a refund too, sadly that's when these issues tend to show their head.

We're going to try putting a crepe 'tube style' finger bandage over the strap where it irritates and see how that goes. Not the best look though.

• I thought it was just me, I also have to switch arms to let it heal from the wear.  Garmin support claims its salt and to clean the band often.  Tried it, it doesn't work. It's the band wearing on my skin.  I have to often loosen the band because my arm expands, then it contracts, and I have to tighten it.  

My wrists become bruised, and I switch wrists but there is also nerve pain that is the worst.  My chiropractor told me there's sensitive nerves that run through there, and the Garmin is pressing on them.  I have worn watches no problem but they have flexible bands.

• I haven't purchased them and don't have this problem, but I've seen some off brands on Amazon.

• First place I checked was on Amazon but to no avail.

• iBREK for Garmin Vivosmart 5 Bands,Replacement Bands for Women Men Large Small https://a.co/d/3Rf9Zfw

Watch Bands Compatible with Garmin Vivosmart 5 Bands Replacement Strap Wristbands Bracelet Band for Vivosmart 5 for Women Men https://a.co/d/ebIlkNa

• I had seen those but they're silicone not flex bands.

• Oh my bad. I overlooked the material on the original post!