This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

temperature values

After an activity, the temperature is shown in the weather icon in the map (with gps active) and in a table and a graph. But where do these values come from? The temperature in the weather icon is correct (-4 C), but the graph shows +10 C. This happens all the time. My location is correct, as far as I can see, so is the temperature shown in the vivosmart display. 

• Took a couple of email exchanges, but Garmin finally confirmed our observations that VS5 actually has a temperature sensor. 

"I can confirm that the Vivosmart 5 is capable of reading body temperate during an activity."

• That would explain the values. But they are still pretty useless: today, with outside temperature of +2C it registered 10 min, 18 max and 14 av. I hope that is not my body temperature …

Thanks for figuring out anyway.

• Normal skin temperature for healthy adults ranges between 92.3-98.4 Fahrenheit or 33-37 Celsius. So if the VS5 readings are supposed to reflect skin temperature then it's failing and presenting useless information. I doubt it is even correctly recording the ambient air temperature around the watch, so again - useless and misleading.

• I guess that it's as useless as any other temperature measured by a watch worn on skin directly. Outside temp it is heavily impacted by skin/body temp, and skin temp by ambient temperature. All in all, not sure what's the point of this data, but at least we know where does it come from and that VS5 has a thermometer. :)