This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivosmart 5 count

Looking to get a Vivosmart 5 for primarily a step counter but am wondering if would do any better than a Samsung smart watch. The issue that I ran into in the past was the watch counting non-steps as steps. I'm a truck driver and do a lot of drop and hook of trailers each day. This requires me to spin the landing gear arm to lower or raise the trailer legs 20+ times a days. My watch would count that movement as steps and as fun as it was to piss my wife off with 5x the steps she'd get I'm looking to get something more accurate. Thank you in advance.

• In my experience, all step trackers overcount when worn on a wrist (more so when working manually). Most of the modern smartphones include step tracking feature and when kept in a pocket while you move around, they provide much more realistic steps count figures. The other option is to wear smart band around your ankle (I never tried it though) - this should give you accurate steps count and also HR stats.

• My wife cannot wear wrist watches or bracelets at work. She puts her VS4 in her sock, and wraps one layer of ace bandage over the top so that the device sees a heart beat. But she always gets her 10k steps per day, and that's all she uses it for.

With a VS5 the actual device pops out of the band so it's very easy to carry in a pocket, if you don't care about any other metrics.

But why spend that money on the wrist band and only use it as a step counter? There are simpler, less expensive, options.