This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain after update v2.85

I used to get 6-7days battery life out of my vivosmart 5 with HR on / Pulse-Ox off. Now, with the recent update it went down to 2-3days.

According to the changelog the "battery drain issue" has actually been addressed and fixed, but I'm experiencing the opposite.

Does anybody has the same issue or idea what is going on?

Thank you. ekraeft

• My vivosmart 5 is using less battery after the latest firmware upgrade. It used to decrease by about 16% per day, now it's 10% per day, a very nice improvement. HR on, Pulse-Ox off. I guess that the first thing to try is basic reboot of the watch, then factory reset and if nothing helps - open a ticket with the support team. 

Also make sure that Pulse-Ox is really completely off (turn it on-off just in case).

• Thx for your input. I did a "Reset Default Settings" just now. Let's see how the battery percentage declines over the next couple of days. I hope I can get my 10d out of it as well, that'd be great.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to 5840817

How do you see the battery charge percentage? All I have is a bar that shows the charge as a sliding scale.

• How yours it now? I have the same problem, only I got my VS5 10 days ago, so no prior info on battery drain. Mine is using over 50% in 24h with HR on/ Pulse Ox only for sleeping, screen off unitl tapped, just a few notifications and one 1 hour connected GPS activity. VS4 was much better.

• Mine is the same.  Used to get the 8 - 10 days, now after the firmware update, 2.5 - 3 days.  This is unacceptable.  This is my 3rd Vivo activity tracker and must say this is a disappointment.  I have dealt with other issue with firmware updates in the past but this is the first one that has made the device go backward in functionality.  Will see what Garmin does to resolve this before Christmas.

• @Sray330 A factory reset solved the battery problem for me, reconnected the VS5 to phone and connect app too.I wasn't expecting 8-10 days but mine hardly lasted 30 hours. I guess 4-5 days now. I will never know bc I run 2 or 3 times a week wearing a FR245 and the VS5 is charging then.

The thing that didn't get fixed now is the automatic step count, before reset it was stuck to 10520 steps, now it is stuck to 7500 steps.

• Mine auto goal for steps is stuck at 7250 - I opened a support ticket with Garmin and it should be with the engineering team now. It might help if you opened the ticket as well so they know that it's more widespread issue.

• I'll give the factory reset a try and see if that resolves the battery drain.  If not, I will open a ticket with their help desk.  Thanks RobNL

• Update, mine worked fine for a month after a factory reset. But since this week it's back to using 50% per day. Time for another reset? Not very acceptable.

• My VS5 has just started showing the symptoms described by others in this thread - I only purchased it before Christmas and already I am down to less than 50% battery life in 24 hours with most of the functionality turned off...!

Do any technicians from Garmin ever visit these forum pages and come up with suggested remedies...?