This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivosmart 5 version 2.74 software hang bugs. Something to do with charging?

Today when starting a walk activity from my vivosmart with phone gps active it crashed just after I tapped the start button. The screen came up showing the steps, timer, and distance but it was frozen at 0:00 and tapping and swiping did nothing. I had to hold the button for 10 secs to reset the device.

After the walk I checked the connect app and saw my vivosmart seemed to go wrong when I plugged it into the charger while I had a shower. My heart rate shows a straight line from the time I started charging until the time I forced the reset. Also my body battery jumped from 19 when I charged it and up to 58 when I reset it.

• I have the same issue with my vivosmart 5 from time to time. Today was one of those days: I went for a run, selected "Run" activity, clicked start, but the timer was sitting on 0:00 and nothing was happening. I had to hard-reset the watch my holding the button for about 10 seconds, then powering it on again. Usually it helps, but this time my watch clock reset itself to UTC time and I had no phone with me to sync up. Very sad that this issue is still not fixed by Garmin Disappointed