This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Training and Performance Readiness and HRV for Vivosmart 5?

Will this be rolled out anytime. I want to transition from Whoop to a Garmin 'band' I can wear all the time, the VS5 is ideal if it will do these functions. I will train with other Garmin Devices when running and cycling if so, but want the complete picture with one I can wear 24/7 like the VS5.

If not I may have to suck up Whoop a while longer and keep training with the non-Garmin devices already in the cupboard.

• I was about to ask the same question.  I use a garmin 830 primarily for cycling which gets some of the advanced sports tracking stuff (but not  HRV, Training Status and Rediness as they require constant heart rate and sleep data). In addition to your queries i have the following questions:

• Whats the minimum Garmin wearable that will feed into the advanced Firstbeat health data generation at the moment (HRV, Training Status and Rediness, body battery etc) ?
    • Are there plans to roll the required capabilities out to other wearables such as the Vivosmart  ? (based on the Garmin web site tell some of these metrics are only available on the Forerunner 955 and 255S)
    • Are the full range of metrics (HRV, Training Status and Rediness) actually generated or useful or coming from cycling data from the Garmin Edge computers (830 etc) or are they really only useful for running at the present time ? 
    • Are the metric\calculations carried out on the device themselves, Garmin Connect or a Hybrid of the two ? 
  • Whats the minimum Garmin wearable that will feed into the advanced Firstbeat health data generation at the moment (HRV, Training Status and Rediness, body battery etc) ?

If you want training readiness then it really narrows it down as it is currently available only on the Forerunner 955, Fenix 7, Epix 2 and Enduro 2.

Are there plans to roll the required capabilities out to other wearables such as the Vivosmart  ?

No.

Are the full range of metrics (HRV, Training Status and Rediness) actually generated or useful or coming from cycling data from the Garmin Edge computers (830 etc) or are they really only useful for running at the present time ? 

Training status is available on most recent edge computers. Training readiness is not available on any of them.

Are the metric\calculations carried out on the device themselves, Garmin Connect or a Hybrid of the two ? 

All the metrics are calculated by the device.