This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Last night, the Vivosmart 5 did not capture any sleep.

Day one using this Vivosmart 5. Even though I wore it when I slept the night before, no sleep data was recorded this morning. I believed that this band could detect sleep cycles on its own. It detected the dog walk this morning. What should I check to determine the cause of the sleep recording? I'm a little confused right now with this stuff.

• I had the same problem first night. No sleep data at all. This has never happened with any other SmartWatch/fitness tracker I had in the past. I hope it was just an exception.

• Although sleep data might not be showing on the device, try syncing with Garmin Connect. It may then show up there (and then also on the device after a while). It has happened for me a few times.

• I added the sleep manually in the app. But I'm quite sure the sleep phases are quite wrong, as it shows no REM sleep at all. I hope the sleep will get recorded this night.

• Okay, I did a hard reset, and this night again no sleep has been tracked. Either the Vivosmart is defective, or this is a general problem with the Vivosmart 5.

• According to somebody from the German forum, an update disabled the sleep tracking function. For me it doesn't work at all, three nights and no sleep data at all. Does the new firmware 2.74 solves this problem?

• Sleep tracking has been working for me in all versions released so far. But occasionally, when I wake up, there is no sleep data visual on my VS5, but when a force a manual synchronization with the Garmin Connect Mobile app (iOs), the data can be seen in the app.

I also have Physio TrueUp enabled, so a while later the data is also visible in the Vivosmart device.

Also, make sure that your sleep window is correctly set.

• I did everything and nothing worked (have returned the Vivosmart, as sleep tracking is quite important for me). Like I have said it seems to be because of an update, hopefully, and not some hardware problems of the Vivosmart 5. I mean I had in the past like 10 Garmin devices, so I'm not a newbie. Unfortunately the threadstarter didn't update if he found a solution.

• I also had this issue. Had the Garmin for 2 days now. Day 1 no issues and sleep tracked. Last night nothing... recorded heart rate and SpO2 but no sleep detected. Its quite disappointing as this is one of the functions I have bought this watch for. Due to the numerous reports and lack of good information on the Garmin support page I'm starting to think this could be an inherent flaw with the device...

• To update my experience. I gave the Vivosmart 5 another chance, because it has so many functions and is like the cheapest entry into the Garmin-cosmos and bought it again. Unfortunately I got straight on first day the update 2.74. Since the first day I had with this Vivosmart no problem. Every sleep has been tracked. My guess is, that the problem has been firmware 2.50 (?). Of course there can be also indeed an hardware problem which affects many Vivosmarts 5.