This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Default Widget

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default widget on the Vivosmart 5?  With the 4 I could set the step counter to be the default.  I've tried reordering them in the connect app, but it defaults back to Time/Date being at the top each time.

• I have the same problem. i dont realy care for calories or  steps but more about the other stuff. I allways have to cycle trough all the things i dont need. Is there a way to just lock the parameters needed so they stay in place? 

• Agreed...this is something I want to see to be able to do as well.  Either remove time/date or just move it.

• The previous model, the Vivosmart 4, has an option to have the last widget shown as a default widget. With the Vivosmart 5 this option disappeared unfortunately. Is it possible to reintroduce this option with a firmware update?

• @Garmin, is there any news on this? I don't want to see the time and date as the main. I do have a watch for that. I prefer to see the number of steps as the main text. Now I need reading glasses to see the number of steps...

• @Garmin I also would like to see some sort of response on this.  I would love to be able to pick my default widget rather than be forced to use the watch face.

• Hello, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. At this time, the Time and Date widget is in a fixed location as the top option. However, you can edit the watch face and have steps as one of the options listed so that when you gesture, the first thing you see is Time and Date with step count just below. If you would like to edit the watch face please see: Changing the Watch Face 

To view the step details you will still need to swipe through the widget loop to get to the step widget and tap the screen to view details. 

If you would like to submit feedback regarding the Default Widget options, please see our Ideas page: https://www.garmin.com/forms/ideas/ 

Thank you.

• Thank you Sara.

But I don't think this a solution.

The VivoSmart is sold as an acitivitytracker, not a watch. I expect to see the activitydata in major letters, not the time.

I do expect Garmin to restore this function, just like the predecessor, the VivoSmart 4.

Please solve this issue.

thnx Henry

• I have the same problem.  I would like to be able to control the widgets that show up under the time.  I can't seem to do this.  Also, they seem to keep changing.  Very frustrating.  Since my original post, I learned that if you touch the widgets, they cycle through the list.  You can't control the sequence, but you can tap until you get a best fit.  Right now I am using steps, heart rate, and battery.  That is my best fit for now.

• Please Garmin, can you indicate you're working on this issue? 

• I agree, this is very annoying. I want to have fixed data fields and not to tap to see the ones I want to see. And even then it changes again and again.