This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How does one turn off the alarm?

I tried tap, double tap, and long press on both the screen and the physical button to no avail.  I eventually had to turn the unit off to get the alarm to turn off.

• I've just gotten a garmin vivosmart 5 and am having the same issue,. Did you figure it out? 

• No. I have just been using the alarm on my phone instead. Not worth the effort to keep trying. 

• I've only tried a couple times but I read somewhere else after googling that if you set up the alarm on the actual watch and not in the connect app it works.

So far when the alarm has gone off I've had the option of snoozing and ticking the pop up on my watch face screen which never showed up when I set my alarms through the app.

Give that a go? Curious to know if it works for you too. 

• same here happened to me just now.  I had set the morning alarm directly on the device, but the alarm had been vibrating my device whole morning, I couldn't turn it off.  the device UI is 'normal' pretending there is no alarm, thus there is no snooze / off option.  had to press and hold the hard button 10 seconds to shutdown the device.

• same happened to me just now.  I had set the morning alarm directly on the device.  it worked normally before.  but this time, the alarm had been vibrating my device whole morning, I couldn't turn the alarm off.  the device UI was 'normal' pretending there was no alarm, thus there is no snooze / off option.  i event went to the device Alarm schedule to set it to off, but the active alarm was still vibrating.  Eventually I had to press and hold the hard button 10 seconds to shutdown the device.

• Did anyone ever come up with a definitive answer to this question?  When an alarm goes off I have only been able to silence it by pressing the button for 10 seconds.  ther is nothing in the manaul about how to stop an alarm, just how to delete one.

• Set up your alarms directly on the garmin device NOT on your connect app. 

Press button on device > clocks > alarm > set alarm

• I just reread this thread and see that the above option didn't work 100% of the time for another commenter but this method has worked fine for me