This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Looks good!

Actually, I like what I’ve seen so far from the reviews. The only thing that would have made this better is a transflective screen like the old Vivosport. To clarify I really wish Garmin had released a Vivosport 2 rather than upgrading the Vivosmart line. The Vivosport was the best tracker on the market when it was released and that Transflective screen was perfect. I don’t understand the obsession with AMOLED and OLED screens. These are devices that get a lot of outdoor use. I understand why an Apple Watch needs AMOLED due to it being almost like a wrist iPhone, but not an activity tracker. That being said, I’ll be getting one. Garmin makes solid devices built to last years and for that alone, it is worth it.

• Can't agree with "the only thing that would have made this better".

The thing is just a much bigger VS4 with the same battery life, outdated sensor package and no barometric altimeter. 

• It look indeed just like what you describe. This could have been a firmware update.

• I guess what I really think would have made this release better was having a Vivosport 2 instead of Garmin releasing a Vivosmart 5. I like the 5 though because the look and function remind me of the Vivosport and I LOVED my Vivosport but the Vivosport is lacking too many features in 2022. The Vivosmart 5 feels like an OLED Vivosport 2. That works for me since I want an upgraded Vivosport. 

• Yeah feeling the same. 

Actually, the vivosport was/is the only Garmin giving me an accurate sleep tracking. In general the device I've had the better experience, I've been waiting for a Century for a vivosport 2 but it never happened. The V5 seems to be hr closest thing even if lacking the GPS.

Actually I'm not a runner so not a big issue for me. The experience with the v4 was/is terrible in my case, an horrible sleep tracking far away from being accurate, I want to believe the V5 will be more accurate on sleep.

Nobody mentioned the hydration feature, where you can update your water assumption directly on the device, such an awesome feature for me. 

Also, I like the bigger size compared to the v4, too slim for my taste, and again, call me crazy, I like having the heart rate on the main screen, something you don't have on the v4.

It's enough for me to give it a go, I only hope it will be more accurate on the sleep tracking side. At least like the vivosport.

• The sleep uses the new on watch algorithm. It is too soon to see if it's OK however last night it detected  the wake time correctly and the type of sleep reflected the restless sleep.

Besides it transmitted the sleep to the fenix and I didn't expected that.

• i am so happy with the vivosport that i have not done any 'upgrade' or switch to another tracker. YES totally agree with a vivosport II . Maybe our chorus of clamouring for one will help them 'see' the demand for a next generation vivosport. 'cos too, the battary is draining faster these days, after 4 years of using it!