This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone else gets very often "Transfer Failed" with WiFi?

Synchronising with WiFi, seems to upload normaly, nothing missing.

But very often: "Transfer Failed" shown on watch. Anyone else with same problem?

• Not going to happen here, I'll stick with the VA4 until all the features have been disabled by software updates, and then move on.

• Honestly probably switching to an apple watch once all the features have been disabled by software updates. $500 watch still broken after a month, I can get a series 8 for a similar price. Absolutely shameful the level of customer service shown by garmin here.

• But what is the actual status here? Is the transfer really failing or is it is just a false message? My watch seems to sync just fine, but it always says transfer failed when it is done by WiFi. 

And is the there anybody who is syncing by WiFi without the transfer failed message? 

• Does not transfer anything as far as I can tell.

If I record a couple of activities, away from phone so BT is disconnected (leave phone in car for example) or turn off phone, try to WiFi transfer, activities are NOT transfered to Connect web. Turn phone on, BT on, and they get transferred.

I'm really getting tired of the amount of time I spend messing with this watch after every update. If this happened to my cell phone (Samsung) after every update, they would be out of business.....

• Hello, I have a Garmin Vivoactive 4. Very happy with my watch until the last software 7.20. Since then, I got for each and every Wifi synchronisation a error message "Transfer Failed". I have tried everything in full reset of the whole watch. Still not working. I am very disappointed and irritated about this issue. Waiting for a solution from Garmin. This is ongoing since few weeks already. Not acceptable.

• Hi, Garmin-Sara.

Today is Thursday, September 22nd, 2022. My Venu has been running 7.20 for weeks. It still states "Transfer failed" when syncing via WiFi.

I've synced with different devices including Garmin Express. I've restarted the watch. I've reset the watch. I've re-added the WiFi settings. Nothing has changed.

Please advise next steps. Thank you.

• Exactly the same!! Garmin admins, please acknowledge that the issue is wide-spread, and please share the plan of action! 

• Having this issue for more then a month on my venu 2.
    since then it takes longer and longer for my watch to get gps connection when i start an activity.
    And looks like garmin is doing nothing to fix this annoying issue.

• If you are experiencing a transfer failed message, please answer the questions below so we can track reports:

1. Do we have permission to message you privately?
    2. Do we have permission to access your Garmin account, if needed for the engineering ticket?
    3. What Country are you located in?
    4. Reply Yes when you have uploaded your device's Garmin Folder and photos of this error message to our Secure File Upload Tool
      1. Sending a Garmin Folder From a Device to Product Support

*We will not be able to add your report until step 4 is complete.

Thank you.

• Hi, Garmin-Sara.

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. USA

4. Yes: Garmin folder compressed and screenshot from the watch showing "Transfer failed."

Thank you.