This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

GPS accuracy 4S

Hi all, 

After a couple of years of happy usage of my 4S, my GPS accuracy has gone way off, and I don't know why. 

I noticed it on a run on 28th June, there was an offset where it didn't match up with the roads etc on the map.

Now today it's even worse, also caused my pace to jump around a bit while I was running

I see there are some issues reported on other watches, not sure if it's related, or of there's a fix?

But as it is, it's pretty rubbish and not really useable. If the GPS is off I assume that all other metrics are going to be off too...

Any solutions, or anyone in a similar position?

Surprised the forum isn't flooded with this issue, but maybe it's just me!

Cheers!

• I had the issue too, but it seems like the watch has recovered by itself.
    When I reported it, we were asked to use this forum tread:
    forums.garmin.com/.../trouble-connecting-to-gps-may-be-due-to-cpe-not-updating-reliably-any-longer

• Thanks for the reply

Hope mine sorts itself too!

I did see that thread but as my issues is specific to the 4s I thought I'd ask here

• Hi. Not just you. I’ve just started to see it this weekend too. I’ve walked 2 complete loops with the same start and end point yet the end point doesn’t match up at all. It’s well off where it should be. Yesterday it was actually a good few miles away and added to end so I managed to almost correct it by editing activity backwards. Today it was quite a lot short of actual end so can’t trim it back without losing data. Seems ok throughout but throws itself way off at end.

• My mileage has been off and my route on the map is not correct. Any suggestions?

• I've posted today about GPS issues, you aren't alone.

Something is going on at the moment and it's causing major issues for many people where GPS is concerned

Hope Garmin see all these threads and release a fix very soon

• i have the same issue. the walk i took on 28. june was completly off (not just shifted). same for the walk i took yesterday.. it was wokring fine on the weekend though...

• Is there any ETA on a fix for the GPS issue affecting Vivoactive 4 and 4S devices? I'm having issues with GPS tracking in Australia using a Vivo 4, and a friend is having similar problems with a 4S. Both of us have experienced tracked activities becoming increasingly unreliable over the last week. I'm guessing something has gone wrong due to a 'buggy' software upgrade or similar?

• There was no software update. I think it is related to the CPE information file. Mine was "current" when I had the issue, so my theory is that the current CPE info file has a bug. This is the file that gives the watch updated information about where to find the satellites. It is updated regularly.

• Same stuff. Had a tennis play recorded today, ran away several km for some time in the mid of activity, according to GPS track. This is the first time I had a GPS glitch not in the beginning, but 20 min later. CPE is current now, have no idea what status was in the morning, will check next time pre-activity. 

• Garmin are getting hammered on twitter with all of the issues. 

Not seen a 'proper' response yet, just requests for info via DM