This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s (now running sw 6.90) powers off randomly, including when interacting with Wi-Fi

Every time I select 'set-up a wifi network' in Garmin Connect and select 'add network' my Vivoactive 4 switches off. So I can't add Spotify. I have already completed a data reset and it didn't resolve the issue.

SW Version: 6.50

Wi-Fi Version: 2.60

• 1 & 2 yes please 

3. SW 7.20

4. UK England 

Watch randomly powers down when the battery is low(er)…like less than 40%…but more recently the same has happened even with >65% battery. Usually turns off when starting a new activity, but again more recently has began shutting off during an activity for some unknown reason…I look down at the watch to see a blank screen!!!

Please advise, watch is about 2 yrs and 4 mths old.

• 1.yes

2.yes

3.not sure. Probably 6.90

4. Canada

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. 6.91

4. Singapore

• 1 and 2 yes

3. 6.9.1

4. Japan

• 1. Yes

2.Yes

4. Australia 

• Same issues here since several weeks:

connecting to WiFi > VA4 switches off.

Saving an activity > VA4 switches off.

VA4 stays on during these actions while on power.

SW 7.20

GPS 5.40

ANT 8.02

WiFi 2.60

TSC 2.05

SENSOR 20.04

WHR 5.00.05

CONNECT IQ Systeem 5

BMX 5.0.5

SECONDARY BMX 0.8.0

API NIVEAU 3.3.3

It seems Garmin is ignoring a lot of users facing this problem. This is obvious a software or hardware related issue that should be adressed by Garmin. Or at least communicated about !!

update 25/10/2022: after contacting Garmin Support Netherlands, they offered me a replacement (not a new watch) for €148,60. Not a great deal when you can buy a new Vivoactive for €220 today….Frowning2

u️pdate 26/10/2022: in addition to the issue the watch turning off, it seems that after restarting it, all system settings for the “units” are reset back to default imperial.

update 28/10/2022: after some discussion, also related to this thread, Garmin Netherlands decided to replace my watch with no costs (watch is 2,5 years old). Thanks Garmin ! Curious how this issue will be dealt with by Garmin….

• 1: Yes

2: Yes

3: 7.20

4: South Africa

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you? - Yes
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account? - Yes
    3. What software version is running on your vivoactive 4/4s? -S/W version - 7.2. Wifi version -2.6
    4. In what country do you live? - India
  • Seems you are the lucky one, most of us are ignored...

• insist with your local/region Garmin Customer Support. I also got a no cost replacement (with a refurbished vivo active 4) after reporting the issue to them.

I believe that this should be the decision that Garmin has to take to avoid these kind of issues due to a general wrong behaviour (software or/and hardware) of this device model