This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s (now running sw 6.90) powers off randomly, including when interacting with Wi-Fi

Every time I select 'set-up a wifi network' in Garmin Connect and select 'add network' my Vivoactive 4 switches off. So I can't add Spotify. I have already completed a data reset and it didn't resolve the issue.

SW Version: 6.50

Wi-Fi Version: 2.60

• I have exactly the same issue on 6.9 software, wifi 2.6... very irritating

• All,

If you are experiencing this issue, please respond with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. What software version is running on your vivoactive 4/4s?
    4. In what country do you live?
  • I would be happy to do that. Watch is currently useless to me as it is . An expensive ornament ! 

Yes to 1 and 2 

Software 6.90 

GPS 5.4 

ANT/BLE/BT 8.02

WiFi 2.6

TSC 2.05

Sensor 18.02

WHR 5.00 05

Connect IQ 5

BMX 5.0.5

Secondary BMX 0.8.0

API 3.3.1

Country UK 

In addition to constantly shutting down its now running screens very very slow or locking up mid screen changeover  and very slow / fail to respond to buttons . 

I've tried system reset, tried Garmin express, tried uninstalling and reinstalling Garmin connect on phone, etc. Tried leaving watch on charge for three days but still the same. 

When working it constantly drops Bluetooth connection to phone, shuts down trying to save an activity or access WiFi. 

Had zero problems until latest updates when suddenly battery drained in less than a day doing very little and constantly shutting down or locking up. 

Several forms, people having the same problems since software updates. 

• I have exactly the same software versions as you, and no issues. I have seen this on the forums for many years. It seems like the process of upgrading to a new software (regardless which version) goes wrong on some watches. The most common issue is about significantly reduced battery life. Some watches are recovered by restarts, and others not.

• 1. Yes

2. yes

3. 6.90

4. Thailand

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. 6.9

4. Australia 

• 1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Version: 6.9, GPS 5:40, ANT/BLE/BT 8.02, WiFi 2.6, TSC 2.05, WHR 5.00.05, Connect IQ 5, BMX 5.0.5, Sec. BMX 0.8.0, API 3.3.1

4. Country Poland

My watch since some time was shuting down each night, and whenever I was trying to connect to WiFi. Then I've removed all WiFis, and it was better for few days.

Then it started to turn off itself again (usually at night) and few days ago I've decided to make full reset.

After that it was terrible - in first few hours it turned off maybe 20 - 30 times (battery more than 80%).

I wanted to test activity and (walking/running) and it was turning off almost each time I was trying to start it. After few times I was able to start activity, but it started to shut down when I was trying to store it or to delete it. After turning on again it was straight on Save/Delete screen and I was not able to continue as whatever I've chosed it was turning off. After few or more tries, finally it saved the activity and after that it turned off maybe two times within two days.

• I have the same issue.  When I turn it back on the body battery changes around 20% up or down.

• Yes to 1 and 2.

Software 6.90

GPS 5.4 

ANT/BLE/BT 8.02

WiFi 2.6

TSC 2.05

Sensor 18.02

WHR 5.00 05

Connect IQ 5

BMX 5.0.5

Secondary BMX 0.8.0

API 3.3.1